Marisa Pershad, CPA
Since 2011, Marisa has been a valuable member of the Farkouh Furman & Faccio team. She joined the firm as an audit manager but now serves as a partner. In this capacity, she manages the firm’s Audit Department, overseeing staff and client service. Marisa specializes in performing audits of not-for-profit and financial services organizations. She is also the go-to person in the firm for all things GAAP related. Prior to joining Farkouh Furman & Faccio, she served in various audit roles at other public accounting firms.
A curious and dedicated professional, Marisa is constantly seeking new knowledge. This makes her a great asset to her colleagues and her clients alike. Marisa understands that the accounting profession is always changing. She believes that constant learning is the key to remaining relevant in the face of change. A long-time professional in the field, Marisa’s first job at a public accounting firm began when she was just a senior in high school.
Marisa currently lives in her hometown, Valley Stream, New York. She enjoys it because of its diverse community and easy commute to the city. She is married with one son and two pets—a Poodle and a Green Cheek Conure.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – New York
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York Society of CPAs (NYSCPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Long Island Business News, Who’s Who Women in Professional Services, August 2009
- Long Island Business News, Who’s Who in Accounting – Audit, December 2010
- Hofstra University
- Bachelor of Business Administration (1990)
- Nassau Community College
- Associate in Science (1985)