FF&F Client Portal: Tips & Tricks
Farkouh, Furman & Faccio’s online client portal system is, without question, the fastest and most convenient way to securely send, receive, and store your confidential tax documents. Based on your most common questions, here are our top 7 tips and tricks for managing your FF&F portal account.
- Logging In – If you already have a portal account, you’ll log in via the Client Login link at the top of our website home page using your email address and the password you chose when you created an account.
- Compatibility – The FF&F Client Portal operates on the Microsoft Silverlight platform, which you may be prompted to install initially to ensure portal functionality.
Silverlight Not Working? If you are experiencing compatibility issues with Silverlight (or you are unable to install the plugin) we suggest using our simplified portal interface. This is a “lightweight” version of the FF&F Client Portal designed for easier navigation from mobile devices and tablets, but it works on computers as well.
- Forgot Your Password?- If you cannot access your portal account or have forgotten your password, you must click the Forgot Password link from the login page. Once you enter your email address, you will receive an automated email with a temporary password. This enables you to log in using the temporary password, which you will then be prompted to reset.
We at FF&F do not have the capability to reset client passwords or internally access client portal accounts, so we must stress that you keep your login info some place safe (or choose a password that is easy for you to remember).
- Administrators & Users – Each portal account must be assigned to one “administrator.” This is the primary email address to which all portal correspondence will be sent. The portal system does not allow more than one administrator per account.
Users: Additional users can be added by the administrator as needed. Users should only be added by the administrator if portal access is required by more than one person.
Adding Users – To add a user to your portal account, follow these steps:
a. From the Administration tab, click Manage Portal Users, then click Create.
b. On the Personal tab, enter the Login ID (email address), last and first name of the user.
c. From the Portal Access and Security tab, check the Grant Access box to allow access to any of the portal accounts shown.
d. Assign a File Management Role for the new user(s) for the selected portal account.
e. Click Save to finish creating the new portal user. The new user will then receive automated emails containing portal login information.
Tip: If an immediate family member or third party needs access to your portal, the easiest way to share access is to share the portal login information with that person.
If you do not want to share your login information with another person who needs access, you can log in as the administrator and grant user rights to the desired person. This will grant both administrator and user(s) access to the same portal documents and folders.
- Multiple Accounts – If you are responsible for multiple tax entities (businesses, trusts, etc.), and would like each tax entity to have a portal account, you should set up each entity using the same email address and password.
Tip: If you use the same login and password for all entities, you will be able to access all folders and files in one place after you log in once.
- Organization – To help you organize and easily navigate your portal files, we can create custom folders and subfolders for you upon request.
Tip: If there is a specific way you would like your portal files to be organized (by year, for example), please let us know so that we can set up custom folders as requested. This will enable you to organize your files however works best for your needs.
- Where Are My Files? – If you are expecting a specific file to be posted to your portal account, and you do not see the file when you log into the portal, chances are we have not yet posted it.
Tip: If you do not see a file you are expecting to appear in your portal folder, please contact our office so that we can assist you.
If you do not yet have a portal account with FF&F and would like to be set up, please contact Meg Beditz of our office at (212) 245-5900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Setup is quick and seamless, and will surely add ease and convenience to your FF&F client experience!