Edgar Marquez, CPA, PFS
When Edgar joined the Farkouh, Furman & Faccio team in 2020, he brought with him more than three decades of valuable experience in the field. He currently serves as a tax manager, working primarily with high net worth individuals, professional service firms, and healthcare and real estate clients. A large portion of Edgar’s previous experience comes from the 14 years he spent working in the Tax and Accounting Department at a public accounting firm in Valhalla, New York.
Edgar was inspired to pursue a career in accounting by his older brother, who also works in the field. He loves that his work allows him to address the needs of individuals, small businesses, and other clients, helping them plant the seeds of a secure future. A committed team player, Edgar attributes his career success to a combination of integrity, hard work, perseverance, and listening to those around him.
A resident of West Nyack, New York, Edgar loves the area where he lives because of the fantastic public parks and recreational facilities available there. In his free time, he enjoys playing tennis, jogging, traveling, and going out with friends. Not many people know that Edgar is something of a dare devil—he used to participate in both motocross and drag racing.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – New York and Maryland
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA)
- NYSSCPA Personal Financial Planning Committee
- Letran East Coast USA (LECUSA) Alumni Association
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran (Letran College)
- Bachelor of Science in Commerce (1983